Includes a useful list of resources:
- Short videos on the origins of Scots:
- Resources on Education Scotland’s National Improvement Hub:
- The online Scots dictionary is available for desktops, or Scots Dictionary for Schools app is available for mobiles. Download it for Apple devices or Android devices.
- The Scots Syntax atlas – an online interactive map that allows learners to look at word order and how it varies across the country.
- The Mannie & ither stories – a downloadable pdf featuring stories in Scots by James Robertson, available from the ASLS website.
- The learning activities on Wee Windaes, especially those on Wandering Willie’s tale and Thrawn Janet. Also, find Teaching Notes on Wandering Willie’s Tale here.
- Short clips of people speaking Scots, titled Blethering Scots, are available on the BBC website.
- Secondary level teaching resources, including dramatic readings of poetry and original short stories, are available from the Scots in education website.
- Interactive reading exercises and games are available from https://www.scotslanguage.com/learning. There are downloadable versions available too.